Welcome to the world of Kimona Creates

Welcome to the world of Kimona. I love to create beautiful things especially cards and customised stationery made from fabrics of all kinds. The process of making our products begins with the selection of the fabrics and materials and then is completely manual. We do not add bits to pre-existing printed card, we make our products from scratch.

We have an in-stock selection of cards which can be used for any occasion or can be adapted for special use Take a look at the posts to see some pictures of them.

We use several types of fabrics including a range of Thai silk, Chinese silk brocade, ribbon and sequins and a glittery Christmas range. We are always looking for new and exciting fabrics and ideas and can design anything to suit our clients needs and they have asked us to design special occasion stationery for weddings, barmitzvah's, christenings, parties and for corporate use. Our service is truely bespoke.

I would love you to join me on my creative journey and will keep you posted on what I get up to.

Be well and take good care,

Kim x







Thursday 18 November 2010

Dates to Remember - Diary Transfer Time





Yesterday a friend of mine gave me a 2011 diary. She told me that even though it was my Christmas present she was giving it me now so I didn't go out and buy one because last year, in an attempt to be organised and transfer all the important information into my new diary before the end of the year, I did just that!


There is something so special about writing important dates to remember into a new diary; birthdays, anniversaries, travel dates, public holidays, the cat's vet's appointments, etc. It would be easier and simpler to keep all this data digitally, I know, but, I have found if I do that then I tend to foget important dates because I haven't actually had to write them down again each year. It reminds me a little bit of the drama which can follow losing a mobile phone these days, especially if there is no easy back-up process for the contacts list. Just because we don't have to physically dial the number each time we call someone, as was the case in the "olden days", then if the phone dies or is lost, life becomes chaotic for a while because it is so hard to remember a single number and the scramble begins to collect all that data again.


I love the ritual of writing out names next to dates and it is this which seems to keep the information fresh in my mind. I find I am much less likley to forget someone's birthday if I had to look it up and write it down at the end of the previous year.


So, here's to diaries and keeping the hand-written tradition alive!!

No comments:

Post a Comment